64 Walker Street, Lenox
The Walker House, also known as the William Walker House, is a Federal style building constructed in 1804 and is located within the town of Lenox’s Historic District at 64 Walker Street. The building was originally built as a residence for William Walker, a well-known Revolutionary War veteran who came home to Lenox to become the probate judge for Berkshire County. Over the course of history, the home went through several different residential uses and ownership.
The Walker House’s great significance is established by its history; however, it was underutilized within Lenox’s Historic District due to its poor architectural status and site conditions. Allegrone Companies saw potential in this beautifully historic building and acquired the property to revive into a multi-family use of 8 rental residences.
The building facade and interior have been restored to its original design with upgrades to the heating, plumbing, and electrical systems. By providing a full restoration and engineering upgrades to the historic Walker House, the building surpasses residential standards and upholds its historic charm and style.
Full website with floorplans and pricing will be available at walkerhouseresidences.com.